The 2017 UCLG World Council meetings will be held from 6 to 9 December 2017 in Hangzhou, China, at the kind invitation of Mayor Xu Liyi, and in conjunction with the Forum on Smart City and Big Data organized by the City of Hangzhou and the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC).
We want promote exchange and collaboration among cities and the international scene and to unite efforts to address common issues and challenges relating to city management."
Xu Liyi, Mayor of Hangzhou
In the Programme:
- The meetings of the Committee on Statutory Affairs and the Financial Management Committee will be held on the morning of 7 December.
- The Executive Bureau meeting will be held on Friday 8 December.
- The World Council meeting will be held on Saturday 9 December.
- The inaugural sessions of the Policy Councils will be held on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 December.
- Committee & Working Group meetings will be organized on Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 December.
Forum on Smart City and Big Data
The Forum on Smart City and Big Data, organized by the City of Hangzhou and the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC), will take place on the afternoon of 7 December.
The Forum will begin with an opening ceremony with addresses from high-level speakers, followed by one and a half hours of panel discussions.
Check this page periodically for the latest updates.
Note: The UCLG Executive Bureau meetings are closed meetings. Members of UCLG are welcome to contact the World Secretariat for additional information through the following email address: UCLGExBu@uclg.org
The World Council is the principal policy-making body of the World Organization. It decides the World Organization’s policies and ensures that general policies decided by the General Assembly are implemented.
For more information do not hesitate to get in touch with us at the following email: UCLGExBu@uclg.org