The Declaration on the inclusion of culture in the Sustainable Development Goals post-2015 has received endorsement from 120 countries, with 1,700 signatories, including more than 600 organizations. The Committee on Culture of UCLG, have partnered with other key international networks: IFACCA – International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies, the International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity, Culture Action Europe, Arterial Network, the ICOMOS - International Council on Monuments and Sites and the International Music Council.
The Zero draft of SDGs will be presented to the United Nations on 14-18 July 2014 and then be submitted for debate at the General Assembly this autumn. Our campaign #culture2015goal would like to have clearer references to culture in the preamble and under education (Goal 4), reduced inequality (Goal 10), sustainable cities (Goal 11), sustainable consumption and production (Goal 12) and inclusive societies (Goal 16).
What you can do:
- See how culture is included in the zero draft of the SDGs
- Read how the Global Taskforce of Local and Regional Governments, convened by UCLG, advocates for a target on culture as a key element of the Goal on sustainable cities
- Use the communications tools to ask organizations and individuals that have not yet endorsed the Declaration #culture2015goal to do so
- Share the most recent translation in Chinese to broaden the campaign's reach. Also available in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese and Russian
- Contribute to #culture2015goal on Twitter
- Participate in e-consultations on “Culture and development” led by UNFPA, UNESCO and UNDP
- Engage your country’s permanent representative to the UN
Should you require any additional information, do not hesitate to contact the Secretariat of the Committee: email@example.com.
Source: Committee on Culture of UCLG