Since 2013, the campaign #culture2015goal from the Committee on Culture of UCLG, has advocated for the inclusion of culture in the SDGs. Over 1,900 signatories, including over 700 organizations, have endorsed our Declaration on the Inclusion of Culture in the SDGs.
The campaign #culture2015goal has just released a paper with indicators which could be used to measure the place of culture in the promotion of sustainable development. The Committee on Culture believe that cultural indicators should be included in the following SDGs: Goal 1 (poverty), Goal 4 (education and life-long learning), Goal 8 (growth, employment and work), Goal 9 (infrastructure, industrialization and innovation), Goal 11 (cities and human settlements), Goal 12(consumption and production patterns), Goal 13 (climate change) and Goal 16 (peaceful and inclusive societies, access to justice and inclusive institutions at all levels).
The #culture2015goal campaign involves IFACCA – International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies; IFCCD – International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity; Culture Action Europe; Arterial Network; ICOMOS - International Council on Monuments and Sites; IMC – International Music Council; IFLA – International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions; Red Latinoamericana de Arte para la Transformación Social; and the Committee on Culture of UCLG.
What you can do:
- Send THE paper with indicators to your country’s permanent representative to the UN.
- Use the communications tools to ask organizations and individuals that have not yet endorsed the Declaration #culture2015goal to do so.
- Contribute to #culture2015goal on Twitter
- View and share our response to the UN Secretary-General’s Synthesis Report.
- Attend the UCLG Culture Summit (Bilbao, 18-20 March 2015), where culture and the Post-2015 Development Agenda will be discussed.
For more info, please visit : www.culture2015goal.net and follow #culture2015goal.
Source: Committee on Culture of UCLG