The UCLG World Council will take place virtually on 11-13 November 2020 and will be hosted by the city of Guangzhou. This gathering will be a full week of meetings,coinciding with the anniversary of the UCLG leadership elections last year in Durban. We hope this approach will give strength and visibility to this #UCLGMeets week!
The first days of the #UCLGMeets week will be dedicated to meetings of our Committees.
The statutory sessions of the World Council are scheduled as follows:
- Committee on Statutory Affairs on 10 November (for members of the committee only).
- Financial Management Committee on 11 November (for members of the Committee only).
- Executive Bureau on 12 November.
- World Council on 13 November.
There will be Policy Debates during each of the statutory sessions dedicated to the critical issues identified by the UCLG Decalogue as critical to a Post-COVID world, namely: addressing inequalities, green recovery and financing public service provision.
High Level Dialogues with international partners will also be part of an intensive programme marked by the one year anniversary of the Presidency and of the Durban Declaration which guides the work of the Organization.
- See our Statutory gatherings